Friendship - Quotes from Science Fiction
A lot of quotations carefully collected from a very big amount of books and divided by categories.
Have fun reading it, this is really interesting and breathtaking!
I knew that even though you became a member of the community you would not cease to be my friend; ''A warrior may change his metal, but not his heart.''
- Edgar Rice Burroughs, A Princess of Mars (1917)
Alone: bad. Friend: good.
- William Hurlbut, Bride of Frankenstein (film, 1935)
Dear George: - Remember no man is a failure who has friends.
- Frances Goodrich, Albert Hackett, Frank Capra, and Jo Swerling, It's aWonderful Life (film, 1946)
The most fearful of monsters is the well-known friend slightly altered.
- Kobo Abй, Inter Ice Age 4 (1959), translated by E. Dale Saunders (1970)
The great and sudden assurance of friendship between us rose: a friendship so much needed by us both in our exile, and already so well proved in the days and nights of our bitter journey, that it might as well be called, now as later, love. But it was from the difference between us, not from the affinities and likenesses, but from the difference, that that love came; and it was itself the bridge, the only bridge, across what divided us.
- Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness (1969)
A friend is a friend, but an enemy is an enemy. Are there any questions?
- Arkady Strugatsky and Boris Strugatsky, Prisoners of Power (1969), translated by Helen Saltz Jacobson (1977)
Esteem is the basis of every friendship.
- Joanna Russ, ''The Soul of a Servant'' (1973)
If humans have this need for companionship, why are they also ashamed to admit it?
- Barry B. Longyear, ''Enemy Mine'' (1979)
She reached out across the cathedral of space-time to those hopelessly distant candle-furnaces, where all the material elements had been forged again and again inside the generation of suns, where alien sunspaces were certain to contain other humanities, however different, and she wondered if someone there might be her friend.
- George Zebrowski, Macrolife (1979)
Of my friend [Spock], I can only say this . . . of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most - human.
- Jack B. Sowards, Star Trek II: TheWrath of Khan (film, 1982)
A friend who offers help without asking for explanations is a treasure beyond price.
- Robert A. Heinlein, The Cat WhoWalks throughWalls (1985)
Friendship was just diplomacy by other means.
- Kim Stanley Robinson, Red Mars (1992)
There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
- J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (1997)
|Категория: Sci-Fi quotations | ||
|Просмотров: 1973 | Загрузок: 0|
|Всего комментариев: 0|